Friday, April 30, 2010

April update

I can't believe April is already over! One more week and the semester is over and Julio and I have a break from studying. I can't wait!

Here are some highlights from the last couple weeks.

First of all, our good friend Julie had a baby girl! Her name is Tessa and she's so cute! I was able to go and see both of them in the hospital...brought back lots of memories.

Visiting Julie (on the right) and Tessa

Tessa (weighed over 9 lbs. at birth...she beat Sam!)

Second, our friend Kellyn celebrated her first birthday! We went to her party that was held at a little cafe "Let them eat cake." There were delicious cupcakes and even a person who made balloon animals and cool tattoos for kids. Sam got a dolphin tattoo and a curious george balloon. Kellyn was so adorable eating her cake. Sam kept saying that he wanted to sing happy birthday for her, but then when he actually got up to her he froze. Too much pressure :)




Julio has an internship this semester, working in collaboration with the Central Conference of the Covenant Church, in a leadership discipleship ministry geared towards hispanic young adults. He is part of a small team that is working with a larger group of youth/young adults from the various hispanic churches around Chicago. This is a perfect fit for him. We had our first gathering and there were 12 people who came to our house for a bbq. It was a great time of food and getting to know one another.



Lastly, I'm now at 30+ weeks. Two months to go in the pregnancy. While I feel huge and stretched out, my doctor keeps assuring me I'm right on track. Baby is very active and even Sam is able to feel him kick. The reality of the fact that soon we will have two children is slowly setting in. We are both excited and nervous.

No comments: