Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2011 so far!

Oh my goodness! I can't believe how much time I've let lapse between blog postings!! Let's just say the past month and a half have been extremely busy!!! And I've been dedicating more time to our other blog: http://blogs.covchurch.org/isaza

But, let me catch you up on some of the happenings in the Isaza family!

January passed by in a blur!! The highlight was that Julio spent two weeks in Thailand!! He went as a part of his J-term class at the seminary, "Missions and Money." It was an awesome experience and he came back with so many stories and big things to think about as we prepare to return to Colombia in the fall. While Julio was in Thailand, my mom was with us for a week, helping me take care of the boys, while I worked, then i took a week long j-term class. Craziness!! We all survived, but it was so great to have Julio home.





January ended with a weekend trip to Western Illinois, as we were guest speakers at a missions conference in Moline and shared during a youth event, children's sunday school, and worship service in Princeton. It was a whirlwind trip, but it was so worth it! The boys did great and we had so much fun meeting some really special people and sharing about our upcoming ministry in Colombia!! To read more about our trip, click here!

The day after we came back from Princeton, we were off to the Hyatt for a week, as we worked during the Covenant Church's Midwinter conference for pastors. Julio translated all the morning and evening worship services and Katie helped to coordinate different events each day for the Department of Christian Formation. Again, a whirlwind week, but the boys did great and somehow we managed to do a great job of tag-teaming it!.

Just this past weekend I, Katie, traveled with Ben to Salina, KS, to teach a workshop for Sunday School teachers at a Hispanic church. It was such a great experience and I loved interacting with the teachers and children.

Sam continues to turn into a big boy...surprising us everyday with different things he says and does. His new favorite question is, "Does that sound like a good plan?" I think he picked that up from me :) Ben is so close to getting ready to crawl. He gets so frustrated as he wants to be on the move. He smiles anytime Sam is around and loves to be held!




So...as you can see, life has been anything but boring! Luckily we have no travel planned until mid-March, so we'll see if we can catch up on some rest :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ben is getting so big! I think we need a playdate!