Friday, November 9, 2007

Anticipation

This morning I was reading some verses from the Psalms, which have been extremely meaningful during this season of my life. Psalm 139: 13-16 says,

"13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book..."

It is amazing to think about the fact that life is being created inside me. And, it's not a result of my efforts or my hard work. I'm evermore aware of how precious life is and thankful for the love that God has for each one of us!

As the time comes closer for the baby to be born, Julio and I both wait with such anticipation. We have been so blessed by the generosity of friends and family. who have showered us with gifts for the little one. Last night we enjoyed putting on the crib bedding and setting up some of the fun toys we've received. Here are some pictures of Julio showing off the wonderful gifts we've received.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

how true. praying for you and with you in these last weeks of eagerness and anticipation!

Anonymous said...

hi katie & julio,

we love you guys & are praying especially hard for you in these last weeks - can you believe the time has finally come?! we so wish we could be there with you, but know that you'll have plenty of people around you, supporting you - which is so awesome! katie - a recommendation - burn a CD of your most relaxing & meaningful music to play in your hospital room. (you have to bring a CD player, but it's SOOOO worth it!) it's the only thing that kept me sane & my focus on God, instead of all the pain. it really helped me SO MUCH, i can't even tell you!

with lots of love,
nicole