
It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone! What a wonderful celebration it was. I love 4 day weekends :) My parents joined us for the weekend and we managed to stay quite busy. Thursday morning we (and when I say we, I mean Julio) participated in our friends' annual thanksgiving football game. It was actually a beautiful day, though a little chilly for those of us watching on the sidelines. What a great way to kick off the day! Then we spent the afternoon getting the feast ready - turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, rolls, veggies, pies....you name it, we had it! After a wonderful meal, we took advantage of the nice weather and went for a walk.
Watching the football game from the sidelines!
It was a good game...Julio even got a touchdown!
Samuel enjoyed the turkey...too bad we don't have video as he's quite the noisy eater...mmm...mmm...mmm


Friday morning we pulled out the Christmas decorations and Christmas music and started the traditional day after Thanksgiving ritual of decorating the house for Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised that Samuel only looked at the tree from a distance. My mom and I did do a little shopping, since we don't get to do it together that often, and then Julio and I got out for dinner and a movie. How wonderful is it to have grandparents around?! Saturday after a yummy breakfast, my parents headed back to Minnesota, and we took the afternoon to rest and get ready for a wedding later that night. It was a busy weekend, but oh so much fun!
Samuel with the Christmas stocking Great Grandma Alice made him
Sure, he was finally happy after we tried to take a family picture
This was taken at our friends' wedding. Samuel's first tooth is finally coming through, which is why he's constantly chewing on his hand.
No comments:
Post a Comment