Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Portland

This past week Julio, Samuel and I went to Portland, Oregon. We were there for the Covenant Church's Annual Meeting. Julio and I were there to work, while Sam enjoyed the time playing. Julio was recruited to translate for Spanish-speaking participants during the morning and evening worship services. I was coordinating the nursery and helping to oversee the administrative part of the children's ministry. They were long days and nights (8am-9:30pm) but it was a great time to see old friends and meet new ones.

Sam was in the nursery with me and loved playing with all the new toys and new friends. I'm so thankful for our friend Tabitha who came from Chicago to help me out! Sam did great traveling and adjusted quickly to the time difference, which was a blessing.

Sam enjoyed the nursery all to himself the first day

Playing with his new friend, Tyler

We're all a little tired and now trying to do laundry and get ready for our big trip to Colombia.

No comments: