Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

How is it possible that the 4th of July has already come and gone?! What happened to June?
Oh well! The weekend of the 4th, I, Katie, traveled to Minnesota for a friend's wedding. Julio and Sam decided to stay home and rest up for our next big trip - to Colombia. They had a fun time celebrating Independence Day with the Yee family.

So, I spent the entire weekend in Minnesota, enjoying the time with family and friends. The night of the 3rd I went to my friend, Katie's wedding. Katie and I are friends from high school and a part from sharing the same name, we share many other similarities - both studied abroad in Spain, love salsa dancing, and love walks around Como Lake. The wedding was beautiful and elegant. Katie was gorgeous. And, I enjoyed the time I had to catch up with friends, Britt and Bryan.







Another highlight of the weekend was hanging out with bff Janna and her hubby Robby. You name it we did it - shop, trip to dq, hanging out at their place, leann chin's for lunch, etc. It was a great time to hang with them since the last time I saw them at their wedding in March.


I also got to see my cousin Nicole and her family, including baby Caleb (6 weeks). So much fun to see them and get some quality time with Nicole. I don't know how she does it with 2 kids.



Then of course I spent the rest of the time with my parents, brother and sister-in-law. We enjoyed a Twins game on the 4th (they won!) and dinner at cheesecake factory. Then, an early morning run/walk/roller blade, followed by a picnic breakfast. (pics to come)

Looking back on all I did, no wonder I feel tired. Now we're getting ready for our next trip - Colombia! We take off Friday...lots too do!

No comments: