Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Out on the boat

This past weekend my parents came down from Minnesota to spend some time with us. Sam loved having their undivided attention and Julio and I enjoyed some free time to get away. On Saturday we spent the afternoon downtown in Millenium Park and then our friend Bruce, treated us to an evening on his sailboat.

Sam LOVES boats. He has one he plays with in the bathtub and he even named the captain of his boat "Bruce." He went crazy when he saw all the boats in the lake. Bruce had a little life jacket and captains hat for him. He even got to drive the boat! (with Bruce holding the wheel as well). It was a cool evening, but we enjoyed good food, good conversation, and a great view of the city. It was definitely a highlight!

Captain Sam

Not to sure about what's going on!

Driving the boat!

Giving grandpa a turn to drive

Enjoying the evening!

1 comment:

Yee Family said...

This looks like a blast for the whole crew! I'm jealous ... I need to find a friend with a boat. :)