Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Summertime fun!

All of a sudden I realized summer is almost gone and we haven't even gotten to enjoy it. So, I packed our weekend with summer fun activities :)

I was thrilled Friday morning when I got a message from a friend saying she was going to be in town for the day and wanted to know if I wanted to go hear live jazz music downtown at the Drake hotel that evening. Of course I said yes (with Julio's permission :) It was so great to be downtown, catch up with Kathy and hear some great music. I'd never been in the Drake before and it was definitely worth the visit.


Then on Saturday morning I decided Sam and I should go to the zoo while Julio had to study. So we drove to the Lincoln Park zoo and miraculously found parking after 20 minutes and enjoyed a couple hours of looking at the animals. The zoo is free! It's such a beautiful area I can't believe it was my first visit. We'll definitely be back! That evening Julio made hamburgers on the grill....yummy!

He really was enjoying himself!

This favorite part - the monkeys and gorillas

Then on Sunday after a great morning at church and an afternoon nap, while Julio headed off to a church function, Sam and I met up with Liz and Kellyn for a nice stroll in Lincoln Square and a great dinner on one of the restaurant's outdoor patio. So good to catch up and share all of our crazy adventures in life and motherhood.



So there you have it...an intense but fun weekend in Chicago!

No comments: