Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January

I know...I can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted! A few of you have asked what's taken so long...there's no good answer. January just seemed to fly by on one hand and go really slow on the other. Not a whole lot happened in January, other than the fact that all of us have been passing around colds. It started around Christmas time and mine lasted 2 weeks and turned into a sinus infection, then Julio got it and then Sam got it, and now Julio has it again. So, we spent most of January just trying to recover.

I was so thankful for a break from classes! We did have a 3 day assessment that we attended here in the suburbs as we prepare for the process of becoming project missionaries with the Covenant Church. It was an interesting time of personality tests, psychological tests, and some good conversations with a counselor. So thankful that grandpa came from Minnesota to take care of Sam. They had some quality time together!

Enjoying playtime with grandpa

Enjoying the dolphin show at the Shedd Aquarium

Julio had an intensive one week class in January, and I spent the last week in Denver at our annual pastor's conference. It was great to get away, but it was not restful as I worked 12-15 hour days. Needless to say I was exhausted when I returned. My body is not in the shape it once was!

Of course, being pregnant has also made for an interesting month, as I still can't get my energy back up and struggle with nausea and no appetite. I'm 18 weeks pregnant (4 1/2 months) and thought I'd be feeling better by now. Oh well, who knew this pregnancy would be so different from my last. In two weeks we will have our ultrasound and we're still trying to decide if we want to find out the sex of the baby or no. I could go either way.


Sam continues to keep us busy (which is another reason I feel so tired by 7pm). He is non-stop action. He loves his yoga and gymnastics, playing with trains, coloring, reading books, going to Chipotle, and making smoothies! He kisses my tummy and tells the baby he loves him/her. Julio and I think he might have some musical talent as he certainly shows rhythm when he plays his toy guitar. I still have to get a good video of that!

Sam LOVES Chipotle! He can eat half a burrito bowl...it's amazing!


Jamming out with his guitar

Trying out his new easel


So, that is what's been happening in our lives! Now we're in Feb. and classes have started back up. I (Katie) am taking 2 classes, where as Julio is taking 5. We pray that we can get over these colds and get healthy. We're all ready for spring and sad it's still so far away!!

1 comment:

Abby said...

It is amazing how different each pregnancy can be! With Ethan I couldn't get get off the couch, but with Ella, I have a lot more energy (thank goodness!) I only have about 5 weeks to go. Congratulations to you and your family again!