Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh boy!

Well, I'm at the half way point in my pregnancy and yesterday we had our ultrasound. Happy to report that baby looks great! We were able to see in so much detail and it was so exciting.

At first the ultrasound technician's response was, "what a big baby!" I about jumped off the table! I'm praying for a smaller baby (remember that Sam was 9 lbs.). She then corrected herself by saying, "what a healthy, well-developed baby." So fun to see the legs moving, arms waving, mouth opening and closing.


It was also very clear from the ultrasound that baby #2 is a boy! Yep, I (Katie) will continue to be outnumbered at home! I think it was surprising to both Julio and I who thought it was a girl.



So, Sam will have a little brother to chase around and wrestle with. Maybe this boy will be mellow and chill...though from the way he was moving in the womb, I hardly think so.


2 comments:

The Arteagas said...

yay for boys! Sam will be a wonderful older brother! I remember how badly we wanted a boy for our 2nd and now I wouldn't trade little Isabella for anything! God sure knows what He's doing! Thanks for sharing your fun news and U/S with us! You're looking great too!

Sarah said...

Oh boy indeed! It's all boys for us girls at work, eh? So glad everything is looking good Katie...congratulations!