Friday, October 1, 2010

Transitions

Life is full of transitions. In fact, lately I've been wondering if there is ever a time when transitions stop. This month has been an interesting one as we try to find a groove for life as a family of four. The semester started back up and Julio has some intense classes, including Greek Exegesis so that is keeping him extremely busy. He's also been working with the hispanic youth leaders from various churches in the area as they plan for a month long discipleship school next summer.

I've transitioned back into work, part-time in Sept., and will resume full-time on Mon. It's been good to be back, but challenging as well. I love the days I get to be home with the boys and I'm not looking forward to being gone Mon.-Fri. during the day. Our offices just moved 3 weeks ago, so where as before i could walk across the parking lot to work, now I have to sit in Chicago traffic (about 30 min. each way). The building we're in is great and I have a view of downtown in the distance, but the commute makes the day seem so much longer. I'm also taking one class this semester and I'm enjoying it but having a hard time finding time to do homework.

The view from my work space (if you look past the Hooters sign you can see the Chicago skyline)

Sam just keeps growing and maturing before our eyes. He talks non-stop and has such an incredible memory. Sometimes I wonder how he's learned the words he uses. Maybe it's the Sesame street ABC video that he watches over and over :) He's still in love with trains and guitars! He also is becoming potty trained. We had an intensive potty training weekend and it seems like he's on the road. So, it's great, but extra work in the process helping him make it to the toilet on time :) On the fourth day of potty training I decided to be crazy and take him downtown on the train to celebrate. We went up to the top of the John Hancock (a building he loves) and enjoyed the view of the city. He made it all the way there and back and didn't have any accidents.

Day one of potty training - we started with a "potty party"

At the top of the John Hancock building

Ben is so alert and loves to watch his brother and "talk" with his papa. He continues to sleep great, which mom and dad are thankful for. Sam loves to get up on the couch and snuggle with Ben and I. The other day, he put his arms around us and said, "I love my boys!" (Definitely something he's heard me say!) So cute!


No comments: