It's a amazing how fast 2 months have gone by! I'm already back to work part-time. Where did the time go? I started up the last week of January, working at our yearly pastors'/ministers' conference at the Hyatt in Chicago. It was a great way to get back into the swing of things. It was a crazy schedule (early mornings and late nights), but I was able to connect with so many people and enjoyed making new contacts. During the week we host breakfasts, lunch forums and receptions, which focus on different areas of ministry such as children's and family ministry, discipleship, spiritual practices, etc.
Samuel was able to be with me at the hotel the whole time, as my mom flew in from Minnesota to watch him while I worked. It was a little crazy, trying to figure out a good schedule for him in the midst of so much activity, but it worked out great! He got to have some quality time with grandma and I could work and have a peace of mind that he was close by and well taken care of. Julio was also able to join us a few days, and used the rest of the time to catch up on his work and classes.
So, all and all it's been a smooth transition! Of course the fact that I love my co-workers and my job helps a lot.
1 comment:
Hey Katie - it was good talking to you the other day! And I admire your ability to be back at work already! You're amazing! Sam looks like he's doing awesome . . . praying for you guys!
Post a Comment