Monday, February 9, 2009

Time flies

I do not know where the month of January went! Alas, I have not been good at keeping the blog updated, as life seems to get busier and busier. I can't even remember all that happened in January; how sad is that?! What I do remember is that the first part of the month I came down with Shingles (not fun!!) and I turned one year older! Julio was busy with two J-term (1 week intensive) courses and spent some time trying to rest before the new spring semester begins.

I just spent the first week of February at our denomination's Midwinter meetings. They were held in Chicago and I was able to help facilitate some lunch forums and connect with various pastors and church leaders. It was a very full week and I'm glad to be home. One of the highlights was seeing our friend Pablo, from Ecuador, and spending some time with him. It looks like we will be helping out in Colombia this summer as they have a 6 week discipleship school for students in Latin America. We will only be there 2 of the 6 weeks, but will help by teaching various courses.

Visiting with friend, Pablo

In other news, Sam seems to grow each day. I was amazed after not seeing him for just a couple days, how much more grown up he seems. He's got a vocabulary of a few words (some English and some Spanish) and is in to everything he can get his hands on. He runs around the apartment trying to hide from mom and dad. He's started to really be able to feed himself with a spoon (though it gets extremely messy). He is continually making us laugh.



We are all so anxious for spring and summer when we can get out and play in the parks. I guess we'll have to wait a few more months for that to happen. In the meantime, I hope to take more pictures and post more regular updates :)

No comments: