Friday, February 27, 2009

Wall Art

I've been on the hunt for fun and creative decorating ideas - the key being that they are economical. Lately I've been annoyed by my white walls and without the option of painting, I was looking for anything to give them a little color. Thanks to the Michaels.com website, I found a great way to get some color and texture on the walls, without spending lots of money.

All it required were nine12 x 12 inch styrofoam squares (an inch thick), nine 12 x 12 inch sheets of scrapbooking paper in coordinating colors, and some one inch ribbon. Glue the scrapbook paper on the styrofoam square and then glue the ribbon around the edges. Voila! An inexpensive piece of art.

Before - gluing the paper on the styrofoam

The finished product - all nine squares. I love the colors!

A little closer up

On another note, I also finished some window coverings/scarves for my living room. Again, I just felt like it was desperately missing something. So, I found some really cheap shear fabric and did some hemming and they were ready to go. Now I'm working on something for my dining room windows.



5 comments:

Yee Family said...

LOVE the curtains!!

Anonymous said...

I love the wall art. I am thankful to no longer live in a North Park beige apartment (now we live in a house with "we own these beige walls and their cracks"), but we definitely have our fair share of blank walls that could use something great like this.
-Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Katie,

I love the wall art. :)

You are so creative!!

Love, Mom

The Arteagas said...

very cool ideas, Katie! thanks for sharing!!!!

Sarah said...

Seriously, I love them! They look so great on the walls!