We actually did it! Julio and I went on a short vacation! We went to Florida (just south of Fort Myers) to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and catch up on some much needed rest. My parents were kind enough to travel to Chicago and stay with Sam so we could go by ourselves. Thanks to my mom who took care of Sam three days by herself...he loved it!
Seriously, I don't think it was until we were there that we realized how much we needed some time away, in a warm climate. It was heavenly. For four days we slept in, read, hung out by the pool, went to the beach, ate great food, went for walks and explored places like Sanibel and Naples.

Some very dear friends allowed us to stay in their home and it was awesome! It was a perfect location and we even got to enjoy the community's private beach. We went on a sunset cruise one night, toured Sanibel Island, and enjoyed people watching in Naples.




Sam on the other hand had a great time bonding with his grandma, while cleaning house, playing with blocks, going on walks, and taking trips to Starbucks. It was a win-win situation for all of us.

4 comments:
Wow, am has gotten so big!!!
wow - love the photos, Katie and am so happy that you guys got a chance to get away! we could use something like that!!!! :-) I can't believe you guys have a 5 year anniversary already - that doesn't seem possible! Amazing! Anyways - so glad you got away! Back to real life, now, right!?
I'm so glad that you guys were able to get away! Glad Sam got some coffee while you were out of town too.
looks like an AMAZING trip. I'm so thrilled for you guys~
Post a Comment